SVP, Luxury Fashion Content Leader
SVP, Luxury Fashion Content Leader
An ideal candidate has foundational experience and/or deep understanding of digital publishing and creating
compelling and elevated editorial content. Most important is that the candidate can demonstrate a passion,
creative eye and insight into the impetuses and influences in the cultural zeitgeist and an ability to identify
and/or position role and expression across its cornerstones. Therefore, success in this role would
be rendered by having the client poignantly positioned at the cusp and beyond within the cultural
stream both through its content and communication direction and prioritization, as well as by inspiring and
galvanizing the teams in its vision and execution, from big picture to details.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Oversight of creative and content briefs, production, and management of high-quality content across
priority social channels and the global site. Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and
other artwork/assets, and makes final decisions about which stories, articles, images, videos to
● Developing, fortifying/expanding and mentoring in-house teams.
● Build relationships with editors/contributors, designers, brands and other instrumental stakeholders
● Steer orchestration of annual Trend Report and Holiday Gift Guide with Style Collective comprising
select editors, retailers, influencers and stylists.
● Lead vision and planning of trend reports, mini-campaigns, special project photo shoots, utilizing
in-house team and freelancers and, when required, external creative agency(ies).
● Partner with the Paid Media team for regular updates on Paid Media Objectives performance insights
and website traffic trends to guide application of best practices across content. Ensure optimal
content is being used and refreshed for evergreen, traffic-driving content (e.g. gifting, engagements
and bridal, diamond education) through programmatic, pinterest, SEO image extensions etc.
● Partner with Press, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships teams to leverage key cultural moments such
as Met Gala, Awards Season Red Carpets (including Music), movie/show premieres as well as
upcoming buzz-worthy new entertainment shows to get the singular scoop and BTS access, ensuring
we are showing up as an authority and part of the conversation before, during and immediately
following these events when consumer interest is most engaged.
● Contributes to the strategic and creative development of other advertising campaigns and special
● Quarterly check ins with China, India, and European teams to update on content plans and confirm
areas of synergy and coordination.
● Vigilant oversight and decision-making on how content is showing up across all channels and key
decision maker IRL for image selection from live event capture.
● Meticulous in how we show up at all consumer digital touchpoints and is able to rally
multidisciplinary team to adhere to a standard of executional excellence.
● Understands and adheres to SEO rules for digital publishing traffic optimization.
● Keeps abreast on new trends and developments in luxury, art & culture, as well as in the digital media
● Acting as an ambassador representing the clients platform at strategic and relevant events.
● Manage content budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Previous relevant working experience in Digital Publishing, Agency or Other for a minimum of 10 -15
years with preferably a focus in the luxury category.
● In-depth knowledge of best practices for Instagram, Facebook, Search, You Tube, Pinterest, and
● Available portfolio of published or relevant work
● Knowledge of website production and SEO tools
● Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
● Knowledge of content management systems and social media tools (e.g. Widen, Dash Hudson)
● Ability to craft and communicate a big picture vision and break it down into details, ensuring
meticulous governance of those details.
● Collaborative and empathetic leader and colleague who can communicate and organize a team
towards common goals. Confident, approachable, decisive and clear in working across teams.
● Excellent organizational and time-management skills
● Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
● Bachelor or MA in journalism, communications, or similar relevant field