Head of Digital Growth – Wellness CPG Brands
Head of Digital Growth -Wellness CPG Brands
Fast-growing, consumer-facing startup.
Our Client is looking for a highly analytical and experienced marketing professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to lead and manage our marketing acquisition and retention efforts to drive both sales and revenue growth. In this role, you will drive massive revenue growth through developing bold new ideas and executing them with an experimental and analytical approach to drive topline revenue.
The ideal candidate will champion efforts related to market analysis, strategy, customer research, and promotion of crucial products and solutions. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop core marketing messages, clear market differentiation and drive new product launches and cross functional plan implementation. You will also lead market intelligence efforts, becoming an expert on company competitors and customer goals and how to effectively differentiate the client’s product in the market.
This role requires a strategic thinker with extensive digital media buying, paid modeling and attribution experience, strong background in earned media and organic social growth, deep technical aptitude for data and planning, and a keen eye for compelling advertising creative for strong consumer-facing brands. The ideal candidate will have deep domain knowledge around building a robust and effective marketing technology stack for Our Client’s paid and unpaid marketing needs, experience being an effective internal evangelist for new growth opportunities, and strong management experience to lead and inspire the marketing team (both internal and agency partners).
About The Role
● Develop and lead strategy and planning for Our Client’s robust paid and organic marketing program, overseeing all vendors and campaigns, and significantly expand our marketing efforts to drive a massive increase in customer acquisition and retention.
● Responsible for a seven figure annual budget, including the management of monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, prioritizing resources, quarterly forecasting against sales and revenue goals, and weekly/monthly reporting against
● Manage the planning, budgeting, execution and optimization of all revenue-driving channels including paid media, paid search, retargeting, SEO, email, affiliate marketing, partnerships, social media selling and direct mail. Responsible for ROAS, KPIs and daily vendor management for each channel.
● Support broader CRM, loyalty and retention programs and develop strategies to increase customer lifetime value across segments.
● Lead the research, negotiations, and execution of the acquisition marketing roadmap on time and on budget
● Responsible for the day-to-day management and evaluation of all support agencies required to deliver on the marketing strategy, including agency briefing, contract negotiations, target/KPI setting and evaluation, reporting, and relationship management
● Monitor, evaluate, and report on campaign and acquisition success against targets.
● Partner with product and engineering team to ensure that our digital products and services are at the bleeding edge of tech and excite our customers, with an eye towards increasing conversion, AOV and Units Per Transaction across devices and reduce site abandonment.
● Partner with creative and product teams to optimize acquisition flow and customer funnel, and ensure messaging consistency and brand voice across all channels. Turn our customers into loud brand evangelists.
● Partner with the creative team to develop best-in-class, compelling, on-brand creative, to meet campaign objectives.
● Grow the marketing team to ensure they have the opportunity and resources they need to deliver continuous and strong growth
● 7+ years of digital marketing experience spanning both acquisition and retention. 5+ years experience with paid media performance, strategy and execution, including time at a fast-growing, consumer-facing startup.
● You’re comfortable leading a team in a startup environment, developing strategy, seeking buy-in at the executive level, and putting plans into action.
● You have a minimum 3 years of experience managing direct reports.
● You thrive in an environment that requires giving, receiving and managing clear and direct feedback on a daily basis.
● You’ve project-managed innovative digital advertising campaigns from concept through to execution, and you know how to optimize in real-time and measure for success.
● You’re highly organized, attentive to detail, and have the ability to manage and drive scalable and repeatable processes.
● You have very strong execution skills and the ability to drive tight project management.
● You have experience with e-commerce strategy and paid attribution modeling.
● You have deep, technical knowledge and experience with paid media vendors, analytics and data tools, and experience using data to make informed decisions, drive sales and grow audiences.
● You have a strong ability to research and stay ahead of industry trends and share findings with internal stakeholders.
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a collaborative mindset.