Creative Director – Maine
Creative Director – Maine
We are searching for a Creative Director, clientside for a large, national firm. Art and concept driven, this person will develop and drive communications programs through story telling and thought leadership. The Director will develop and lead a Creative Team as well and work with internal Product Managers to help their vision come to life through creative strategy.
The Creative Director will ensures the creative team consistently delivers smart and strategic creative concepts that lead the way for marketing program deliverables. They will lead idea conceptualization for large scale, growth initiatives. The Creative Director will translate business strategy, audience needs, and digital capabilities into marketing campaigns that are visually and emotionally engaging.
The Director will collaborate with other members of the Marketing team including senior leadership, designers, writers, program managers, and digital experts. They will ensures program deliverables continue to meet and exceed creative expectations.
Of course in this role you will develop and mentor staff, operating in a culture of high performance, set expectations while creating an environment for individual decision-making and ownership, and provide strong leadership toward achieving results.
· College degree in Graphic Design, Communications or related field
· 10+ years of professional advertising/design experience with exceptional creative, communication and project management skills – agency experience a plus
· Must have a strong design background with superior portfolio and knowledge of both traditional and digital media
· Thrive in fast paced environment and is a quick study – ability to take strategy and run with it creatively
· Outstanding communication, design thought leadership, and presentation and storytelling skills to all levels of business – confidently “sell” ideas.
· Passionate for the art of idea development and all things creative
· Demonstrated experience leading a creative team
· Works well independently as well as in a team environment
· High level of initiative and drive to succeed
· Skilled in all design related software including Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat
· Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of digital technologies
· Proven record of using design and technology to drive new ideas
· Requires a strong understanding and appreciation for digital trends and capabilities
· Lead and participate in business partner and senior leadership facing
· Self-motivated, proactive, demonstrate high levels of creativity and initiative, and thrive in a growing, fast-paced environment