The Marketing and Communications organization is seeking a leader who is highly motivated, strategic with a consultative mindset to be the VP Consumer Strategy and Customer Research. This individual will be responsible for questioning and answering key questions of the Personal Investing business and recommending differentiated and innovative solutions that deliver both client value and business impact. This individual brings a general management expertise, is analytically-driven, digitally-oriented and can partner with business owners from finance to technology, to marketing and product owners.
This role will report to the Head of Segment Marketing.
The marketing strategies and experiences you deliver will directly impact the customer experience and our business outcomes. Marketing programs contribute to our business KPIs and you will partner with analytics team members to measure the incremental business outcomes of marketing initiatives and capture learning that can be applied to future work. Your role is critical in leading a team in delivering an insightful marketing strategy, marketing communications that deliver customer value.
The Expertise You Have
- The ideal candidate has 15+ years of relevant management/strategic consulting
- Experience working at a service/solution oriented and customer obsessed organization
- Deep digital experience in both marketing and first party design and development for websites, tools, and platforms
- Deep product marketing and design experience
- Financial services experience preferred but not required
- Agile experience preferred, but not required
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
The Skills You Bring
- You are a strategic leader and thinker who can link consumer needs and technology trends to solutions that inform the optimal differentiated solution.
- You can synthesize strategic, financial, and operational analysis and primary/secondary research into strategic insights and practical recommendations.
- You have experience in trend scanning, signal finding, scenario development, as well as have the ability to build business cases, identifying the viability and feasibility of recommended solution
- You have outstanding analytical skills – Understand, analyze, and articulate the client base and behaviors to develop hypothesis, strategies and opportunities to drive client and key business results
- You have the ability to understand, apply, and integrate data and information on the business, market, competitors, and clients to assess opportunities for growth
- You have deep expertise and experience in business and marketing strategy, with specific applications in: customer targeting, product bundling, and pricing strategy.
- You have experience in storytelling and the ability to present/share complex information effectively across the organization, whether net new solutions or reframing of existing solutions
- You are collaborative and have track record of establishing and facilitating effective cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels in a highly collaborative environment
- You are intellectually curious, appreciate learning new skills and capabilities, and are committed to helping support Fidelity’s transformation to a better way of working.
- You have experience with agile principles and execution
The Value You Deliver
The individual in this position will need to drive and communicate breakthrough customer insights in the following areas:
- Synthesizing multiple pieces of research and analytics/measurement into clear and compelling recommendations; driving quicker and broader institutional knowledge and enable us to more easily build off what we know
- Enhancing Fidelity’s ability to generate breakthrough insights through new forums, approaches and research platforms
- Using rigorous research to qualify and design new-to-industry products and solutions”
- Driving the development of the customer foresight & product design strategic vision and roadmap, including key insights in the areas of competition, prospect/client needs, and market evolution.
- Partnering with team members and BU partners to shape partnership approaches, develop programs to drive client engagement and partnership goals. Programs include strategy articulation, opportunity sizing, budgets and ROI, etc.
- Driving deeper understanding of customer needs, buying behavior, sentiment and expectations for products and services.
- Provide insights, best practices and thought leadership to business leads, helping them to optimize their offerings on our platform.
- Help reinforce a working culture where accountability, transparency, and data-driven decision-making are the norm and where rapid test, learn, scale, is a daily routine