Senior Product Marketing Manager Email Security)
The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit and our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers.
The combined Product Marketing team is seeking an experienced Sr. Manager of Product Marketing to help us drive marketing threat intelligence platform. For this highly visible and influential position, the ideal candidate will have experience working across Marketing, Product Management, and Sales teams to introduce and grow innovative product capabilities in a fast-emerging and evolving market. The candidate will act as the lead to define the marketing strategy for threat intelligence solutions marketing across the organizations.
Our client has redefined online threat intelligence to secure businesses and individuals in a connected world.
In this role, you will leverage market and competitive analysis, champion end user viewpoints and drive go-to-market strategy in collaboration with your marketing peers. Your technology background and ability to clearly articulate value and differentiation for our sales team is highly desired in this role. As a practitioner of win/loss analysis you are adept at creating counter-selling tactics and kill sheets.
As a Product Marketer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional team. You must possess a solid understanding of adoption models and business value for multiple channels. In addition, you have demonstrable experience developing and executing successful product growth strategies. You’ll bring your ability to analyze and recommend high potential opportunities, conduct primary and secondary market research, and define the sales enablement messaging for our portfolio and individual services.
Product Messaging and Positioning:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates and counter-positions each product/solution
- Create communication and marketing plan for the launch of new products, features, and releases aligned to the target audiences
- Develop and author data sheets, whitepapers, case studies in collaboration with editorial team; partner to develop product demos, training videos, etc.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop marketing plans to drive demand for our products across all GTM channels
- Provide recommendations on pricing, promotion, and packaging approaches
- Develop the strategy and supporting sales enablement materials to sell and solidify value proposition to the end user
- Articulate the value proposition of the products to end user and help inform sales tools (presentations, battle cards, etc.) that support the selling process of each product line
- Partner with the Sales team to maintain a coordinated go-to-market strategy
- Support integrated GTM by providing ongoing guidance to creative, media, communications, Web and field teams to ensure effective market coverage occurs in a consistent and orchestrated fashion
- Collaboration with Global Communications, Creative Services, Field Marketing and Digital Marketing to create integrated marketing campaigns that can support your product new feature launches and releases
Product Roadmap Input:
- Educate Product team of customer usage models, requirements, feedback and customer satisfaction/NPS to measure performance and utilization of existing and new functionality & features
- Meet with internal partners (Sales, Consumer, Customer Care, etc.) to understand and prioritize their needs to inform the product road mapping process
- Map internal/external feedback and competitive intelligence to highlight what is: (1) table stake gaps, (2) functionality/feature fixes, (3) opportunities to differentiate, (4) white-space innovation areas as part of business requirements
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify segment needs as appropriate
You Are Great At
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including product management, sales, and marketing teams on go-to-market plans and execution
- Focusing and synthesizing customer and business requirements to drive product adoption and revenue
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments with ability to influence
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline; MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years as a B2B software product marketer
- Prior experience in a SAAS or subscription business model business
- Strong written, verbal, and visual capabilities across multiple communication channels (in English)
- Demonstrated experience in technology marketing, including the ability to take technical concepts and communicate them to both business and technical audiences
- Persuasive communicator with ability to influence across the organizational boundaries
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – polished communication and presentation skills with an ability to interact with Senior Executives
- Must be able to work both at a strategic and tactical level to get the job done
- Experience in OEM Marketing and/or working with strategic customers/ partners
- A sense of humor. We believe work should be rewarding, and we like to have fun!