Reporting to the SVP of Business Development, the New Business Development Manager is a core part of an ambitious team driven by the desire to grow our established digital agency client into a world-renown agency.
Through your networking, existing relationships, and genuinely inquisitive and assertive nature, you will engage with enterprise marketing decision-makers and drive new business with prospects and existing clients. Best of all, you’ll be empowered to reap significant financial rewards in the process.
Senior-level sales position selling enterprise-level digital marketing services. Candidate must be able to successfully leverage existing relationships and networks, prospect into target accounts, and close new business with an average contract value of $250,000. The candidate will have the eager support of the sales, account, and departmental teams in pursuit of new business.
The successful candidate will be able to leverage expert methodologies and excellent reputation and be able to earn well over $200k in their first year.
You will help significantly grow top-line revenue through sales that are sourced from your existing relationships and networking efforts. Supported by inbound leads and agency referrals, your core activities include but are not limited to:
- Successfully spearheading presentations and pitches in collaboration with agency leadership
- Networking and prospecting for new leads and clients.
- Attending and assisting in events and event marketing.
- Aggressively and consistently managing each stage of the pipeline.
- Delivering timely reports and sales performance insights.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Maintain current and accurate information regarding all your sales opportunities, contacts, and sales activities.
- Assist the SVP of Business Development or other agency team members on new business initiatives such as research, case study development, and competing RFPs. Help compile sales reports as needed. Maintain existing database of RFP responses, pitch decks, proposals, and contracts.
- Consistently takes initiative with all duties, especially in problem-solving and task management. Aligns all activities with agency selling plans and initiatives
- Exceptional: Driven by the desire to be the best versions of ourselves
- Curious: Passionate about building our expertise and educating those around us
- Innovative: Pushing the boundaries of strategic thinking to create cutting-edge solutions that drive exceptional results
- Caring: Fostering an environment of ownership and accountability that creates success and support those around us
Required experience (a minimum of 5+ years in the following areas):
- Demonstrated track record of meeting quarterly KPIs and revenue targets.
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting, networking, and scheduling sales meetings with VP level and c-suite executives at enterprise level and global organizations.
- Proven abilities to prospect via LinkedIn and in-person quickly builds trust, and qualify them for sales opportunities.
- Ability to quickly understand the client/ prospect’s business.
- Strong proficiency with solution selling skills, such as asking insightful questions, listening, assessing and aligning with prospect buying patterns, and building value through highlighting desired outcomes that resonate with the client /prospect.
- Adept at efficiently nurturing relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Is always tactful and diplomatic to reinforce the digital agency’s reputation and to achieve desired fee outcomes.
- Understands both digital and conventional marketing principles.
- Has an expert understanding of online advertising strategies and channels (especially SEO) as well as online media, SEM, email marketing, social media, website design and development, etc.
- Has a working understanding of broad-based business principles including sales, distribution, finance, pricing, and operations.
- Embodies levels of professionalism in line with the target market: Directors, VPs, and CMOs
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sets realistic expectations internally and externally to keep prospect and agency stakeholders aligned.
Software proficiency – highly experienced in the following:
- MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- SalesLoft and ZoomInfo are a plus
- Competitive salary with a generous, multi-year commission structure
- Transportation benefits
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company-matching contribution
- Flexible spending accounts including commuter and childcare benefits
- Vision care discounts
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee referral bonus
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Industry training
- Free healthy snacks, coffee and teas
- Contemporary open-loft office space
- Fun parties and office culture