Director of Public Relations, Consumer
We are looking for a badass storyteller. We want someone with a journalistic background w/ contacts at NYT, Forbes etc. Specifically, we want someone that feeds the stories to the media like Google and Apple not for immediate results but someone that has strategic insight to effect how the story plays out in the long run and hires PR firms to handle the smaller more immediate results type of content.
This is a sexy consumer PR type of search.
This job is a big deal. Our client needs your help building relationships with reporters at high-profile outlets. Coming up with next-level ideas for events and activations that earn coverage. Crafting compelling pitches and counter-intuitive, counter-narrative, newsworthy stories. Creating engaging social media content to drive organic interactions.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for all corporate/business public relations; position company as an innovator and leader in its industry.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to advance key business initiatives in the media, as well as internally.
Demonstrate authority and amplify share of media voice during key gift-giving periods.
- Work collaboratively with, and possess the ability to influence internal cross-functional teams; provide public relations counsel and recommendations.
- Prepare executives and oversee briefings and/or media interviews; provide coaching and training to prepare executives for media interviews; give constructive feedback on delivered messaging.
- Possess exceptional media relations skills. Cultivate, grow and maintain mutually-beneficial relationships with national, regional, local and trade media. Identify and successfully pitch story opportunities to showcase the company’s strategic priorities and key brand initiatives. Generate measurable results.
- Develop relationships with key influencers and industry experts who can help tell our story.
- 10+ years of Public Relations experience, with a strong focus on media relations; Agency corporate communications and/or consumer corporate public relations experience preferred; working with consumer brands and crisis experience is a plus.
- Background in consumer media as a journalist and/or editor.
- Deep knowledge of media process and how to work with top editors.
- Up-to-date connections within the media industry across consumer press, including blogs and online media.
- Poise, confidence, and an unflappable attitude.
ABOUT MARKETSEARCH RECRUITING:
MarketSearch is a nationally networked executive search firm whose sole area is marketing, advertising, and marketing communication. Our clients are constantly providing us with a wide variety of advertised and unadvertised positions to be filled and look to our expertise in filling them. Because of our ability to provide who our client is looking for, our services are paid by the client, not by you. If you are seriously looking for your ideal position in marketing or advertising, we are seriously looking forward to finding that position for you. Every member of the MarketSearch team has an extensive background in these areas enabling us to provide you with guidance and support when seeking and filling positions. Send us your resume for future reference. Contact us or apply below. Our list of available positions has grown in the time it has taken you to read this.
Find the Marketing Talent Other Brands Wish They Had-Connecting You With Experienced Leadership For Impactful Marketing