You will blend business analysis and marketing expertise with a passion for uncovering consumer insights. Working within a cross-functional team, you will use your area of expertise to identify growth opportunities, build go-to-market strategic plans, and formulate marketing initiatives that deliver consumer value and business outcomes for the Product area. You will also be committed to maintaining and developing your own expertise and knowledge, with support from your manager, to bring the latest thinking to your role.
- BS/BA required. MBA or applicable Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of product, consumer segment, strategy, data analytics, or brand management experience.
- Experience in business analysis, consumer insights, design thinking, marketing optimization, and strategic brief writing.
- Use customer data analytics tools (database/BI tools and dashboards) to understand patterns and behaviors to inform business and marketing strategy.
- Enjoy deriving useful consumer insights from research and data analysis to inform new hypotheses, opportunity exploration, business case development, differentiated marketing strategies, and program execution.
- Partner with research team to determine consumer learning agendas and research design that will deepen consumer understanding and uncover business opportunities.
- Experience developing and/or using customer personas to guide business or marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the development of consumer experience design to activate programs across marketing, digital, product solution, and field/sales touchpoints.
- Analyze competitive market to identify unmet consumer needs and determine differentiated value propositions.
- Able to dig into program results and data to identify optimization opportunities.
- Committed to cross-functional collaboration with team members in marketing and business partners to develop marketing communication campaigns and programs, to drive client awareness and engagement, client satisfaction and growth of the business. Programs include strategy articulation, opportunity sizing, budgets and return on investment, etc.
- Able to influence decision-making through the use of written and verbal communications grounded in data and insights.
- Bring an analytical approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs.
- Intellectually curious and appreciate learning new skills and capabilities (e.g. agile principles).
- Results-oriented; takes steps to ensure programs are rooted in business impact versus activities.
- Marketing focused experience within the financial services industry is a strong plus.
- Experience within an Agile work environment a plus.
Our Consumer Strategy & Segment Marketing team members are supported by the team leader as well as peers across the team while being aligned with a product / business area. They play a marketing leadership role, driving marketing strategy, go-to-market design and planning / optimization that is advised by analytical consumer insights – all with a business impact/results-orientation. They also play a leadership role in the group using data analysis and consumer insights to advise marketing programs, end-to-end client journeys, future state hypothesis and business opportunity exploration.