Vice President, Equity & Investments Product Manager:
- Provide strategic direction for Investments products sub-advised by QMA.
- Review existing product line and recommend changes/enhancements where applicable. e.g. Pricing, benchmark, PMs, strategy and investment limits.
- Proactively identify issues impacting the product line and recommend next steps/solutions.
- Accurately and effectively position QMA sub-advised products based on information from Asset Management, external news sources, internally run data, feedback from sales, and other sources.
- Work closely with sales management and internal partners on product positioning, recommending the development of new materials and ways to enhance existing pieces.
- Take a leadership role as an advocate for the Quantitative equity product line.
- Know QMA’s strategies, how to navigate the firm, how to attain information, and develop processes for effective communication.
- Responsible for reviewing others work to ensure accuracy and message consistency.
- Monitor capital markets, trade publications, flows, performance, portfolio characteristics and competitive landscape.
- Present product updates and positioning at sales meetings.
- Work with internal groups on the structure and positioning of new products.
- Train new hires on the basics of the product line and current employees on new products, product changes, etc…
- Drive relationships with Distribution (Sales, National Accounts, DCIO, etc…) along with internal partners (Product Development, Marketing, Legal, MRU, Fund Admin, etc.)
- Respond to sales inquiries in a timely manner (answer questions, provide data, etc…)
- Present strategy information and product updates on calls with Financial Professionals.
- Limited travel to present with sales coordinators and to industry conferences.
- Legally required work – Review Shareholder reports and prospectuses, 15(c) peer review, cap gains, etc…
- Proactively and reactively generate analytical data that can support product positioning
- Create & Update Fund Presentations and Fund positioning documents.
- Respond to special requests from Senior Management.
- Assist with competitive analysis and positioning points.
An undergraduate degree or equivalent applicable work experience.
10+ years of mutual fund and/or ETF industry experience.
Series 63 & 7 licenses preferred; must be capable of obtaining licensing within 120 days if not currently held.
CFA or CIMA designation preferred.
Strong Equity markets knowledge with ability to articulate complex concepts to audiences with varying degrees of investment acumen.
Understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, styles and issues
Solid written and oral presentation skills.
Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels.
Creative thinker with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities, as well as sales ideas.
Strong attention to detail, with analytical capabilities.
Ability to create efficient processes.
Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and complete projects on a timely basis.
Ability to influence people who don’t have a direct reporting relationship.
Strong PC skills (including general software and industry databases such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lipper, FactSet, Barclays Live, Morningstar Direct, LANA, Bloomberg, preferred).
ABOUT MARKETSEARCH RECRUITING:
MarketSearch is a nationally networked executive search firm whose sole area is marketing, advertising, and marketing communication. Our clients are constantly providing us with a wide variety of advertised and unadvertised positions to be filled and look to our expertise in filling them. Because of our ability to provide who our client is looking for, our services are paid by the client, not by you. If you are seriously looking for your ideal position in marketing or advertising, we are seriously looking forward to finding that position for you. Every member of the MarketSearch team has an extensive background in these areas enabling us to provide you with guidance and support when seeking and filling positions. Send us your resume for future reference. Contact us or apply below. Our list of available positions has grown in the time it has taken you to read this.