Principal Product Manager – Data Science
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager focused on the development of data science software features for a marketing impact analytics platform. This position reports to the SVP of Product, this person determines the vision and product roadmap, and works with key stakeholders and customers both internal and external to prioritize building and maintaining products essential to our continued success and scalable growth. As a product leader, your primary responsibility is the overall success of your product and your team as well as setting and executing its strategy.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce their threat.
- Develop a roadmap for data science and machine intelligence centered products to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Develop and maintain a business proposals that makes a compelling case for continued investment into your products.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing on the creation of positioning for your products.
- Create user stories for current and future products to
- meet and anticipate the needs of current and future clients
- Run agile scrums with engineering team leaders to manage development cycles for data science product components
- Develop transition plans for internal teams and clients for product tests and releases
- 5+ years of marketing, development, data science, and product management experience.
- Subject matter expert in econometric modeling and machine learning with big data technologies
- Masters degree preferred.
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
- Strong and innovative in pedagogical methodology for complex subject matter
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Comfortable using collaboration tools such as Slack, JIRA
- Comfortable using SQL, AWS, Python and R for analytic tasks
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.