Marketing Director for the Global Reseller and SMB Segments
As a Marketing Director for the Global Reseller and SMB Segments, you will support the strategy behind the success of our go-to-market programs with Resellers (including VARs, Distribution, and Nationals) as well as SMBs. You’ll be responsible for recruiting and growing our business with new VARs globally, driving increased revenue for the Carbonite and Webroot product lines by marketing to and through reseller partners. You will be part of the newly built Global Campaigns Team and will be responsible for building a strategic marketing plan for the global Reseller and SMB segments, as well as ensuring coordination and orchestration among cross-functional teams to deliver effective marketing programs. Your attention to detail and broad understanding of marketing disciplines will ensure that we have flawless execution of global programs across paid, owned, and earned channels. This role will also be responsible for the marketing reporting strategy and visibility to executive leadership regarding the health of this segment. Finally, you will be accountable to the success of the marketing orchestrated programs in terms of pipeline generation, market research efforts to understand our positioning and perception within the MSP channel, and efficient use of the multi-million global marketing budget allocated to this segment.
You Are Great At
- Strategic marketing planning, with an excellent understanding of global demand generation programs.
- Own budget management and accountability, ensuring timely and efficient use of resources and ROI.
- Orchestrating marketing programs across channels including global events and field marketing, paid search, display advertising, social media, webinars, content syndication, and email marketing.
- Organizing and structuring marketing reports to provide visibility of the health of the segment to executive leadership. This includes marketing metrics in combination with sales and pipeline metrics.
- Crafting and maintaining an updated marketing calendar of activities for clear visibility across teams.
- Working with internal and external resources to better understand the Reseller and SMB segments, including win/loss analysis, persona refinement, and market research at large.
- Leading internal and external creative and media agencies to ensure effective messaging and execution of marketing programs.
- Collaboration with Global Communications and Creative Services to create and leverage effective content, aimed at acquiring and influencing SMBs and Resellers throughout the year.
- Support general corporate projects related to this segment on behalf of Marketing.
- Serve as the “go-to” leader within Marketing related to the SMB and Reseller segments.
What It Takes
- 10+ years of relevant experience in demand generation or field marketing.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business or technical field strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with strategy and execution of demand generation programs, including omni-channel marketing as well as global marketing campaign management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing global multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Experience in cybersecurity or data protection markets is a plus.
- General understanding of the channel, and particularly of Resellers is preferred.
- Highly autonomous and able to independently ideate and drive projects to completion with support from other teams across the business unit.