eCommerce Sales Consultant
Responsible for the execution of sales strategies, initiating contacts with potential and existing customers, identifying their needs, selling them appropriate services/solutions and on-boarding successfully international and domestic fulfillment accounts.
The business development manager must have the ability to generate new client sales that are both profitable and mutually beneficial.
This position requires thorough understating of fulfillment, logistics, and 3PL. Travel and field visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Prospect for potential new customers (conduct initial sales call, gather information, qualify lead, build scope of work, establish proper follow-up and timeline)
- Drive leads through fulfillment questionnaire to determine customers’ specs, amongst others,: (receiving type, frequency arrival, skus, kitting, pallet specifications, storage requirements, number of orders and e-commerce and/or shopping cart integration)
- Coordinate sales activities as needed with internal departments (Operations, IT, Marketing) to prepare written quotes (price negotiation, system or support needs, customer problems resolution and inter-company alignment)
- Build network and relationships with domestic and international business to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities (meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network).
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and nurture relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s leaders
- Plans and pitches (handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion).
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry tradeshows, events, and conferences for lead generation purposes
- Submit weekly progress reports (ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM
- Track activity on accounts and close deals to meet our Client’s growth targets (gather, record, and maintain client/account information, data, call notes, follow-up calling, and mailing schedules
Skills and Qualifications:
Prior business development management position. Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of fulfillment, logistics experience.
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
ABOUT MARKETSEARCH RECRUITING:
MarketSearch is a nationally networked executive search firm whose sole area is marketing, advertising, and marketing communication. Our clients are constantly providing us with a wide variety of advertised and unadvertised positions to be filled and look to our expertise in filling them. Because of our ability to provide who our client is looking for, our services are paid by the client, not by you. If you are seriously looking for your ideal position in marketing or advertising, we are seriously looking forward to finding that position for you. Every member of the MarketSearch team has an extensive background in these areas enabling us to provide you with guidance and support when seeking and filling positions. Send us your resume for future reference. Contact us or apply below. Our list of available positions has grown in the time it has taken you to read this.