10 Agencies That Marketers Need to Know in 2017
I stumbled on this 10 Rockstar Agencies list that marketers need to know in 2017 and I had to share it. Check out Lindsey’s profile below along with her firm; Sunday Dinner. I love these types of in-the-know lists and watch firms like these rise to the top with the help of people like Lindsey.
Strategic Brand Marketing Advisor
Twice a year, we publish a curation of the top agencies we love right now. We try to surface the teams that may not be on everyone’s radar but are responsible for remarkable work.
We’re excited to launch our sought after list to kick off 2017. If you don’t know these teams, make it a point to drop them a line. Their unique approaches are shaking up the way things happen in the creative world.
>> Want the detailed study? For a copy of the agency overviews & our personal commentary, hit us up here.
Themes of this collection
The trends moving us into 2017 surface a need for agencies who can deliver on creativity but really show their chops strategically. A need for top tier talent with deep experience that can ramp up quickly and navigate through complicated brands with ease.
- Business & Brand strategy. Kicking off a new year means new briefs and lots of strategic development. Beyond campaigns, 2017 continues to be a time of brand transformation and finding partners who can help navigate and support with valued experience is crucial.
- Seasoned talent. These groups aren’t made up of newcomers. They are helmed by some of the most awarded talent our industry has to offer. This is the talent you always want on your business. Only now, served up in smaller formats with new models that are lean and focused.
- Activations. Experiences are moving to the forefront of marketing. The center of creativity is how we ‘engage’ a consumer to bring him or her closer to the brand. These agencies are not just tactical but understand activations need to ladder into a broader platform and deliver results.
The Hot List! 10 Agencies a Marketer must know in 2017
- Omelet: The understated indy boutique creative agency
- 2×4: The iconic design studio
- Giant Spoon: The darling new media agency
- Hugo & Marie: The curatorial design agency
- Imprint Projects: The activation + advocacy agency
- Wolf & Wilhelmine: The rockstar strategy wolf pack
- NA Collective: The creative event production agency
- Continuum: The inventors
- Part & Sum: The workshop gurus
- Black Ops: The chatbot & AI geeks
>>Grab the Sunday Dinner detailed commentary on why these shops make the cut.
And since there are so many great agencies we admire, we thought we would surface the list from our latter part of the year in 2016.
2016: Top Agencies to put on your radar
- Circus Maximus: The Big Idea Veterans in a Compact Model
- Street Attack: The Get it Done Street Team
- Verdes: The Red Hot Creative Consultancy
- WiT Media: The Boutique NYC Media Agency
- Framestore VR Studio: The Premium VR Studio
- TellArt: The Future of _____ Experience Design Agency
- Friends: The Vision Lab
- The Foreign Correspondents’ Club: The curated set of content creators
- Dark Matter Co-op: The MIT Media Lab alums secret spot in Brooklyn
- The Working Assembly: The boutique brand & product design hotshots
All of these teams are rockstars. The rapid growing marketplace of creative talent can feel hard to manage at times. We love our role in helping clients navigate it, evaluate teams, and surface up unique ways to partner with this network of talented & good hearted teams.
Lindsey lives & works in Dumbo, Brooklyn. She runs Sunday Dinner. Sunday Dinner is a creative brand consultant that supports ambitious brands who want to redesign the way they support their modern marketing needs, both internally + externally. By working on enterprise solutions, they help brands break down silos to work more effectively with a new generation of partners and diversified thinkers, leading to better ideas.